Lesson 3 Ini......(This is.....)
Click to listen
A second reading (by Michelle Nor Ismat, a native speaker)
For those who want to know more:
You might have noticed that unlike English and French, where the possessive pronoun precedes the noun, in Malay it is the other way round i.e. the noun comes first followed by the possessive pronoun. Thus "my car" becomes kereta saya (car my) and "your friend" becomes kawan anda (friend your).
1. Ini is used for something within reach or when you are introducing someone. When an object is not within reach we use Itu eg. Itu rumah saya. = That is my house.
2. Another word for "father" in Malay is ayah .
3. Another word for "mother" is ibu. .
4. Another word for "wife" is bini .
5. From anak (child) we have anak lelaki (son) and anak perempuan (daughter).